Worship During Covid-19
In-person Worship has been temporarily suspended.
Join us online--you have two options:
Join us virtually at 9 am for the Livestream
Pre-recorded Service on YouTube
This service is available starting on Saturday. It is roughly 30 minutes and includes the readings, sermon, prayers and some music. Think of it a little like a virtual 8 am service.
Pre-recorded Service for Sunday, November 22
And join us for Noonday prayer via Zoom
You can help us out by supporting the church during this time of social isolation. There are several ways to give:
- Just continue to mail your pledge payment to church. We are checking the mail weekly and making deposits twice a month.
- Automate your giving by setting up an automatic ACH payment with your bank. Email Bonnie Haacke for more information.
- Give online -- it's easy. Just go to this page on our website and you can make pledge payments, memorial gifts, and more.
Or watch Fr. Eric's short video on how to do it:
Here are some other resources for you to use as you worship and pray at home.
Start with the Book of Common Prayer
- I particularly recommend the Daily Office, beginning at page 74.
- The Daily Office includes services for Morning Prayer, Noonday Prayer, Evening Prayer and Compline.
- There are also shorter services called Daily Devotions for Individuals and Families, beginning at page 136. They are shorter versions of the four services above.
- If you don’t have a prayerbook at home, the whole prayer book is also online at: https://www.bcponline.org
Speaking of the Daily Office, I really like the Mission of St. Clare.
Lent Madness: https://www.lentmadness.org/category/lent-madness-2020/
- For a light-hearted look at the saints of the church, check out Lent Madness.
- Every day during Lent you can vote between two saints.
- On Easter the winning saint receives the Golden Halo.
The Washington National Cathedral offers free webcasts of their worship services.
- These will continue even though the cathedral is closed to public worship for the next couple of weeks.
- The preacher March 15 will be the Most Rev. Michael Curry, and on March 22 Bishop Marianne Budde will be the preacher.
- They also have archived webcasts here: https://cathedral.org/worship/service-archive/
- Paul Bozymowski leads a centering prayer group on Saturdays. Contact him for more information.
- You can learn more at: https://www.contemplativeoutreach.org.
- There is also a neat app for your phone or tablet available on Apple or Android. It is called Centering Prayer.